Missionary Discipleship Series – Plan to Attend!
The Archdiocesan Office of Evangelization is excited to announce the 2019- 2020 Missionary Discipleship Series which will connect you more deeply to Christ and the mission of his Church in order to make a difference in the world; in particular in our family and parish community.
The journey begins this October through May and includes three, 4-week sessions. The start date is October 10, meeting from 7:00 – 8:30 pm.
Included in the cost ($150) are the entire three sessions, an evening of Adoration as well as a Called & Gifted Workshop and materials. Free childcare available!
Be transformed and you will transform the world!
Click here to learn more and view session details.
Click here to register.
Session Dates & Details
Ryan O’Hara is the MC and will be at all sessions!
Click here to learn more about him!
FALL – Hearing God’s Call to the Heart
Session 1: Thursdays, October 10, 17, 24, and November 7th, 2019. Special Adoration Holy Hour Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Session 1: The Kerygma: Who is Jesus for me? How have I encountered him?
- Session 2: Basic foundations and practical helps for personal prayer.
- Session 3: Approaches to prayer.
- Session 4: Various difficulties experienced in prayer and what to do about them.
WINTER – Understanding & Living the Call
Session 2: Thursdays, February 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2020
- Session 1: Vocation – Integrating the contemplative life and active life.
- Session 2: Conviction and character.
- Session 3: Gifts and skills.
- Session 4: The importance of the Institution, both in the Church and in the family.
- “Snow nights” Thursdays, March 5, or 12, 2019
- Called and Gifted Saturday, April 18, 2019 from 9 am – 4:45 pm
SPRING – Being a Disciple in Family and Parish
Session 3: Thursdays, April 30, May 7 & 14 (move time back by 30 minutes to accommodate our Spring Program to 7:30 – 9:00 pm) and 21, 2020
- Session 1: Being a disciple in family and parish – Thresholds of Conversion
- Session 2: Creating a culture of encounter
- Session 3: Domestic Church and witnessing in the family
- Session 4: Testimony and witness
If you have additional questions, contact Cheryl Salz, St. Joseph Director of Parish Life, at 952-442-3712 or firstname.lastname@example.org.